- You have inherent worth. You don’t have to do anything to prove it, just existing is enough.
- You deserve love, support and respect all the time. Not just when you did something particularly agreeable, not just when the person is in a good mood or physically and mentally well or is treated by others respectfully; you deserve to be treated well ALL THE TIME.
- You deserve to freely express your emotions and speak your own realities without fear of retaliation or shame.
- You deserve to be able to tell someone why you don’t like how they’re treating you and a) not fear retaliation, intimidation, violence or emotional manipulation because of it, and b) actually have that person listen, take it to heart, and then change their behavior accordingly.
- You deserve autonomy over yourself. You deserve to think, feel, say, wear, do, and associate with what or whomever you want without any outside pressure or control. [Clearly you aren’t free to infring on the rights of others or treat them oppressively, but pretty much everything else is up to you and your best judgement.]
- You deserve to put yourself first. You deserve to have your life be about you. Everyone else can come after.
- You deserve space when you need space.
- You deserve to reach out to whoever you want for support.
- Your emotions and experiences are valid.
- You are important.
- You deserve to defend yourself and fight tooth and nail to ensure that the above points are acknowledged and respected.
Feel free to add to this if you think I’m missing anything.